Monday, November 24, 2008

I Hung Over !!!

For starters the title has purposefully been made grammatically incorrect…

Well for people who know me, I am a social drinker. I like to drink occasionally, generally don’t prefer Beer (though recently have discovered a Beer which I liked) and generally prefer Vodka (Smirnoff & Belverde to name a few), Red Rum (Yo Old Monk), White wines and few cocktails. Before coming to the US, I badly wanted to try Tequila and somehow didn’t get a chance to try it in India, but I got to try that after coming here, and it sure was good.

So coming to my experience of that day, it was a normal Wednesday, only difference was I was to go with a friend for her shopping trip. So after finishing off with the class I, this friend and another friend of hers, we three went for shopping to a Mall nearby. There it was a typical shopping experience with us hopping in different shops which finally culminated in my friend getting a nice expensive Jeans and some really gr8 (Read more expensive) boots, with some nice spicy hot chocolate in between. So after this shopping trip we went to Ralphs – a local superstore to get some drink for the evening. After lot of deliberations for deciding what to get, where in we both almost finalised on getting two bottles of Vodka, Smirnoff Vanilla and some other Chocolate flavour, it all changed when our third friend arrived. On his insistence we changed our mind and got a bottle of Tequila – “Jose Cuervo”.

We got home, and made some delicious dinner in form of Peas Pulav and some Potato Bhajiyas. And then started our amazing night. After cutting few limes and taking out a pack of salt, we started taking our shots… After 2 shots we all sat down for dinner and talking all along. After dinner we had 2 more shots. By then all three of us had started getting the feeling of being drunk, especially the female friend. So the next time we conveniently didn’t give her a shot and had our 5th shot. In between all the conversations we had 3 more shots and finished the bottle in between three of us. We all finally retired to bed after almost all of us had almost passed out. Though my being able to recount all the details means, I was just drunk, and didn’t pass out :-). So off we all went to bed.

I can never forget the next morning, in spite of all I have drunk in my life before with Srini or at M&M parties I never have had a hangover. And I was very proud of that fact. But that morning changed it all. I woke up all disoriented and hazy. I had a cup of strong extra sweet coffee but that just gave me a head ache. I barely managed to drag myself home and then spent almost the whole day sleeping, missing two of my classes along the way.

So this amazing experience first of all broke my long lasting pride of not getting a hang over and second taught me that 8 shots of Tequila is way too much for any normal human being, and should be avoided !!!

2 comments:

Kritika said...

it might be too much.... but it must be in your social resume that you tried that atleast once!!! :) :) cheers mate!!

Raahul said...

Yup !!!