Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Flying

Flying !!! Everyboys childhood dream...

Something I have cherished from the first flight I took almost some 20 years back...

The feeling is the same, it always feels exciting whenver I leave the ground and also when I touchdown. Initially I felt that the more I would fly regularly, the feeling would dampen. But I noticed this last week, which incidentally was my 16th flight of 2008 in just 5 months, while I had flown some 12 times in 2007, that the feeling was same as ever. It feels like the Kid in me wakes up everytime I board the plane, taking my seat, fastening my seat belt, listening to the mundane Safety Instructions, and then Voila the plane is ready to 'Take Off". so after some boring minutes, here I would be on the edge of the Runway with the Pilot ready to go full Throttle, and then that ecsatic feeling comes as the plane starts accelerating upto its take of speed of around 200 kmph, by the time I would have been already pressed to my seat and then the Plane lifts off effortlessly in the sky, feels heavenly !!! And then again the mundane routine of eating, reading newspapes, gawking at the Air Hostesses and listening to Music starts. So after some time, here I would be ready to land, and after some brisk descending there is Touchdown, the sudden jerk as the wheels touch the Runway and the plane bounces a bit, and then full brakes with the wing deflectors at their maximum retracted position and here you are back standing still on Terra Ferma !!

So how was the experience, as exciting as ever. Plus flying cuts down the journey time by a great extent, so here I am from Mumbai to Delhi in 1 Hr 30 Mins, a distance of around 1200 Kms..

And this is why I love Flying !!!

1 comment:

Shruti Shah said...

Take flying classes in the states :).